CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Old 03-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Default New to area

Hi, my wife and I are new to the area.
If we wanted to become members can we without having a sponsor?
We donít know anyone in the area.
Also I take it you are not open to the public.
Iíve been shooting shotguns mostly and looking for places to shoot.
Where we moved from most of the ranges were open to the public.
You just had to sign a waiver.
Thanks
Joe
Old 03-22-2019, 08:21 PM

Default Reply to Joe

Hi Joe

You must have 3 sponsors to join. Our regular meetings are held each month except April on the first Thursdays of the month at 730 pm. April is the month we have our annual meeting offsite.
We are a private range but guests are always welcome to compete in advertised matches held on dates published on the calendar on this website. Please check out this site where you can find out all you need to know in order to join. Or you can attend the next regular meeting held on the first Thursday in May at the clubhouse. Three meetings must be attended, background check or concealed carry permit must be attained, safety seminar must be attended and 3 sponsors must be present at time of membership installation. You can find the annual dues structure on this website. There is also a membership limit that may or may not be open or full at this time.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:27 AM

Welcome to the area, Joe (& family)! My wife and I moved here in 2014 and, after Welcome! (again), I will say this: do Ö not Ö procrastinate Ö in attending your 3 meetings and joining in any events that are open to non-members (matches or work parties). Several reasons not the least of which is fact that CVR&P is a diamond of a facility and organization! And, the population numbers in this area are rapidly increasing while open memberships are NOT! :-O Also, monthly meetings requirements are the most time-spread-out requirement so, it just makes sense to start tackling those first. Besides, its during that time you can work on the other reqt's AND at each meeting meet members AND learn of opptys to obtain sponsors (who have to shoot with you, anyway). Best o' Success and while you're whittlin' away at the membership reqts there is also trap and skeet open to public on Weds, Sat and Sun at the Morganton City Skeet and Trap Range, on Causby Quarry Road, in Morganton.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Catawba Valley Rifle & Pistol Club (CVR&P) offers more rifle and pistol shooting opportunities than any other club in the Catawba, Alexander, Iredell, Burke, Caldwell, McDowell, and Lincoln county areas. Come to the May meeting. First Thursday of the month @ 7:30PM.

NRA - Range Safety Officer
ARRL VE

http://ww4dx.radio

I like Harleys cause they have big V-twins, they shake, make noises, and crap occasionally falls off.