CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Old 11-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Monkey with a Gun

Exclamation Getting rid of SPAM / SPAMMERS

Sorry guys, that I got a little behind on keeping the spammers and spam off of our forum. It looks like in the past 3 weeks, I have had about 15,000 try to join. I have put in some new security which should slow this down, I have deleted all the spam posts as of now, and will continue to work on this. There may be a few posts appear as I am working on removing them, with this large number, but I believe I have it under control and will have it all taken care of shortly. Please bear with me for a hopefully very short period of time.

Ken V.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Monkey with a Gun

Thumbs up

I've been working on this daily, and have gotten it under control for the most part. I will now have to approve all memberships before members can post. I have also banned ip addresses and email addresses of a majority of where the spammers were coming from. I took us from 18,600+ forum members down to 93 or so, which is about where we should be. If I have deleted you due in the midst, please rejoin and I will approve the membership ASAP, when clearing this many thousand fake members, it is possible I got a few actual users. I searched them out by join date and activity to minimize this. My apologies if I got yours, and please simply rejoin. I hope to not have to deal with this again at this level.