CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Doranj

Default Little Discouraged

Hi All, I am not a member, but have registered with the website. We would love to join the club. Ive been reloading & shooting going on 4 years now. The girlfriend & I travel to Fairforest Rifle Range( sumter, SC )to shoot for free every few weeks & it is fun. We live in MT Holly & it would still be a little haul to Catawba, but I think it would be great to interact with people who enjoy the sport & are passionate about it, instead of just blowing off rounds & disrespecting where the gun barrel is pointed by the locals there. After spending a week in Pittsburgh with family at there gun clubs I am amazed at the price difference to joining a club here in North Carolina. There are not alot of outdoor places to shoot in north carolina, but I cannot begin to think of a land assessment fee for $300 for 5 years. Initiation fee $100 Ok. $165 yearly dues OK. Work & Meeting Participation Ok. What is a land assessment fee? I just do not understand. Please explain.
Thanks Jason
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 AM
sugar bear

This is a private club. Our matches are open to the public. You say you can't begin to think about a land assessment fee of $300.There are long time members who have paid far more than that. If you join $1500 is all you will have to pay, thus you are automatically afforded privilege. No one in this club really owes you an explanation of our fees and assessments. To be honest the biggest problem in our club right now is letting in new members that no one really knows.
If you don't like the way things are down here in the South then move back to where you came from. Another thing we suffer from, people coming from the great land north of the Mason-Dixon and complaining about the things that are better there.
You already have an attitude, we have quite enough of that already.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 AM
22 Year Member

Hi Jason: Thanks for your interest in CVRPC. The land assessment fee is simply a $300 per year limited time "surcharge" on the members due to the fact that we purchased an additional tract of land approximately 9 years ago. We pretty much "had" to purchase the adjoining tract due to the threat of encroaching development.

I can assure you that with all the shooting venues this club offers that it is a bargain even with the additional fee. This is not a cow pasture range, nor is it managed like one. We take pride in our facility and are somewhat mindful of its membership.

We have several monthly matches throughout the year. Feel free to come on out and participate and get to know us. We always welcome any prospective new member who is of a professional and safety oriented mindset that is willing to learn our rules, shoot responsibly, and contribute to the well being of the club through assisting with a never ending list of things to do. ALL the facility maintenance is performed by the membership.

If this sounds OK to you, then please come on out. If you just want to join and complain and want to change things to your liking, don't bother. SR
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Doranj

Apache 308, thanks for the responsible answer. Ive been checking out the club for a few months now via web. Looks Good. As I said there are not alot of outdoor ranges close & wondered what the fees were for. Thanks for the reply.
As for Surgar Bear. You're an ASS! Go have another drink.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Executive Range Officer

Cool

Jason I will be at the range Saturday July 20th. I will be running the 22 speed steel match(ruger rim fire). After the match I will be glad to show you around the range. we usualy finish around 1.You could show up at 930 and shoot the match .
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM
22 Year Member

I forgot to mention...........We are having our .22 Tactical Steel Challenge match this Saturday the 13th. We will be working on the range and setting up the match on the afternoon of Friday 12th. You are welcome to come out either time.

Oh....and ol' sugarbear is really a pretty good guy - He just can be a bit crotchety on the internet sometimes........and he is a Savage guru.

SR
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM
500WE

Steve, thanks for your replies. Joe's response was over the top, in my judgement.
Ken
Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 PM
sugar bear

Yeah my response was a bit over the top Ken. I apologize. I guess all the thievery, wanton target damage, total disregard for range rules has me pretty much on edge, and a little suspect of potential new members that seem to exude a bit of attitude over club business.
Just in the past week we are missing 10 gallons of gasoline, and the toolbox that holds the TSC targets has been broken into and the locking mechanism screwed up. Sorry more people aren't concerned about these types of activities, that seem to coincide with a major influx of new members. So forgive me if I seem a bit inhospitable.