CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
sugar bear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default helloooooo........hellohellohello

Yep there is an echo in here. Like some dark chasm empty and lifeless.
Ok I guess I will have to throw some dyyneemite in the hole. Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFiab7fjak
You won't be disapointed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
apache308's Avatar
apache308 apache308 is offline
22 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 147
Default

Heeeey Joe..were you going with that gun in you hand...de der de der derrt

Yeah that one really gets me goin'. He is absolutely right!!

It has been empty here for the past several weeks. Seems there is only a few who frequent the site. I am guilty as well. I frequent Specialty Pistols, 6mmBR.com, and BR central, snipershide, etc, and I do check this site almost every day but noone posts much. Maybe we can start doing a little more chat here.

I had hoped for more participation here. BUT...I guess it is like everything else...we have over 100 members on the books and there are 3 or 4 that will mow the dad gum grass. I have mowed the 200meter range nearly EVERY time this year!! I say almost because Ronny mowed a couple times. Last month it was nearly 2' tall when I mowed. And I live in Wilkesboro!! Some live 5 min away!! We have about 10-12 good workers at the club and I am thankful for them. There are a few core guys that work their tails off to keep the HighPower, Skeet, Indoor, and Silhouette matches/ranges going. What IF there were no formal matches??? Who would do the fundamental groundskeeping then??

Sorry...just gets to me sometimes.

SR
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 AM
sugar bear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dude I hear ya. I feel bad about not mowing any this year and I live in Asheville. That is why I made a point to get out for the firing line build, felt like I really needed to do something. I will try and get down there and mow before the season is up. But you are correct, over half the members live closer than you or I but have no interest in upkeep.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Strikerman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Steve, remember the 10% rule

It is a fundamental truth that, in any organization, 10% of the members do 99% of the work. While 10% of the remaining 90% accomplish nothing but complaining. We should probably count ourselves lucky that, in our club, those people are even too lazy to complain! lol

Last edited by Strikerman; 07-13-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
ken v's Avatar
ken v ken v is offline
Monkey with a Gun
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hudson, NC
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikerman View Post
We should probably count ourselves lucky that, in our club, those people are even too lazy to complain! lol

Or... too lazy to login to the website.
__________________
____________________________________

Ken V.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.