CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > Club News

Old 06-11-2020, 11:49 AM
22 Year Member

Default NOTICE: Skeet Range Closed 9/19/20 9AM-2PM

NOTICE: The skeet range will be closed from 9:00AM until 2:00PM (estimate) on Saturday, June 13th.

This is due to shot fallout from the skeet range onto the firing line and parking area of the 200 yard line. This topic was discussed at a previous monthly meeting and it was decided that fallout from the shotshells onto the occupied areas at the 200 yard line, although harmless, may cause concern for out of town shooters or those unfamiliar with this occurrence. As a courtesy, the skeet range will be closed during the 22 TSC match.

The skeet range will re-open at the conclusion of the 22 TSC match.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Steve Roe
MD .22 TSC
Old 07-16-2020, 07:20 PM
22 Year Member

I've had a couple questions arise regarding the closing of the Skeet range during the 22 TSC match and as such, would like to expand on this a bit.

Earlier this week, I was testing some 22 ammo at the 200 yard line and there was a crew shooting skeet at the Skeet range. As expected, I heard the first shotgun report and about 3-4 seconds later heard the familiar brief "rain" of shot fallout on the tin roof of the 200 yard line.

I say familiar as after 23 years of experiencing this "fallout" literally hundreds of times, its a total non-issue to me. Likewise, to long time CVRPC members, its a non-issue to them as well as we all know this occurs and there has never ever been even the slightest hint of property damage or injury. This only occurs when the skeet shooter fires at the low house target from the No. 1 station. The shot has lost its velocity over the distance traveled and is basically falling out of the sky. Again, there has never been a vehicle damaged nor a person injured to my knowledge - and I shoot the 200 yard line about as much as anyone.

The reasoning behind closing the skeet range during the 22 TSC match is simple; it's a courtesy to out of town shooters and those not familiar with this occurrence. The TSC has been a very successful match for CVRPC on several levels including a healthy revenue generator, and a great platform for precision rifle training. We're now in our 11th year of competition. We have 30+ shooters each match and also draw a fair amount of spectators as well. With this number of people and vehicles in the area, the fallout of the shot can be a bit of a surprise. Although harmless (unless you just happen to be looking up and not wearing the required eye pro) it can be a bit unnerving to the uninitiated.

So I hope this helps both new members and seasoned members who may not frequent the 200 yards line regularly understand. As always, it's my personal goal to make and keep CVRPC a fun and safe venue for all members.

If any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
I'm easy to find.

Steve Roe
MD - 22 TSC
Old 09-12-2020, 04:30 PM
22 Year Member

NOTICE: The skeet range will be closed from 9:00AM until 2:00PM (estimate) on Saturday, September 19th.

This is due to shot fallout from the skeet range onto the firing line and parking area of the 200 yard line. This topic was discussed at a previous monthly meeting and it was decided that fallout from the shotshells onto the occupied areas at the 200 yard line, although harmless, may cause concern for out of town shooters or those unfamiliar with this occurrence. As a courtesy, the skeet range will be closed during the 22 TSC match.

The skeet range will re-open at the conclusion of the 22 TSC match.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Steve Roe
MD .22 TSC