CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Presiden'ts Corner

Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM

Default Safety concerns

Generally I dont have a lot to say outside our meetings since that is where most issues come up. Our club usually runs thru the month safely and with very few concerns. This is because members police themselves and take care of any minor issues themselves. Unfortunately, some don't. There are some that consider themselves either above the rules or just dont care about them. These folks are the ones that will eventually ruin the whole program for everyone else.

Each officer in this club was voted in for a reason. We each have a job to do. You, the club members expect us to do our job. The range officers are the official " rules enforcers". They report to me, your president when there are situations that need to be handled. We then meet and handle those situations fairly and diplomatically. These range officers are vetted by the Board, which includes me, the current president, and all former presidents living.

As far as 'I'm concerned they are to be respected and obeyed at all times while on the range and or in any match that is in progress. If you are approached with an issue they are concerned about, you or your guest should respect that concern and respectfully obey any given order to cease and desist immediately. They were voted in or appointed to handle any and all unsafe situations they encounter. If any member decides not to follow the rules of safety in this club, or has a problem with a range officer please see me or call me at any time and we will meet at the range to discuss your issue.

The rules are what they are. They can be found on this website. It is the members responsibility to be at the meetings to be informed and to read these rules. If you cannot abide by these rules please see me, and I will happily accept your key to the front gate.

Sam Birchfield
President,
Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club
October 22, 2018.